- GOALS -




In between nappy changes, feeding and cleaning up baby fluids, I've started thinking about what I want to achieve this year. What are my goals and what do I hope to have ticked of the list come December 31, 2012?

So I thought I would start writing a list. I'm sure I'll add more throughout the year, but here's a start…

1. Surf again! I have really missed surfing this summer. Usually by this time of the year I would have caught numerous waves and been on a number of 'crack-of-dawn' surf missions. Of course, being a new mummy is SO amazing and I wouldn't trade if for anything in the world, but I do long to catch a wave soon… so hopefully I can squeeze a few in before it starts getting too cold.

2. Regain my pre-pregnancy fitness. I'm very eager to get running again, at least 3 times a week. So once I feel my body has completely healed from the trauma of childbirth, I hope to start building up my fitness to it's pre-baby level. Hopefully along with regaining my fitness and by targeting troubled spots, I'll get closer to my pre-bub body. Here's hoping!

3. Grow my hair. Towards the end of last year I got the chop and sported a tidy, just-under-the-chin style. It was fun for a bit, but now I'm bored and want long hair again. Although, once I achieve this goal I'll probably get bored again and the vicious hair cycle will continue!

4. Sew some clothes. Before I got pregnant, I used to love making items of clothing for myself. From skirts, to dresses, to altering some old clothing to make it current… it's a hobby I put on old due to my ever-expanding belly. Now though, I'm on the other side, so when I get a spare few minutes (or more likely hours), I'll whip out the trusty sewing machine and whip me up some new glad rags.

5. Plan my kick-ass 30th birthday! I'm not sure how and what form this birthday celebration will take… but I'll be 30 this year and I'm sure as heck gonna do something for it! Summer will be 9 months then, so of course I'll want to consider how she will be involved, but whatever the case, there's bound to be some bubbly!

6. Go snowboarding. Another sport I had to put on hold while preggo with Sum Sum. But this year I definitely want to get the old board and bindings out. Whether we get to the mountain, or just have a few runs at Snow Planet, just getting back on the board will be awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment