- THE BABY ROOM -


I'm so excited to share our baby's room so far. It's been a work-in-progress for a while, having started kitting it out about 4 months ago! I wanted to start early so I could bargain hunt and have time to create the perfect environment for our precious bundle. The first purchase was the cot which I managed to score second hand, in mint condition, off TradeMe for $250 (innerspring mattress included). The following additions were the bucket chair which I had recovered in fabric from Spotlight, followed by a cute cube draw unit and new moses basket and stand… all great scores from TradeMe!

Starting so early meant we didn't know the gender of our baby, but I had decided I wanted the basis of the room to be neutral anyway, with a touch of gender-specific colour once we knew. After we found out we were expecting a little princess I added dusky pink to the mix.

I've had a heap of fun creating unique pieces for bubba's room. I handmade the birdie mobile which comprises of beach wood from our nearby bay, while owly and the bunting flag cushion are also handmade originals. Note the 3-piece framed art I created with a carousel pony in the middle! The room is a tad sparse at the moment - but that will change as I continue to make and find new treasures, not to mention all the necessities that will no doubt infiltrate the room shortly!


No comments:

Post a Comment