THIRTY

Well, it really has been a while since I last posted. Sorry about that. There has been so much on lately and I really didn't think I would abandon my blog for this long. However, real life called.

But now that I'm back, the first new post (of the few I intend to write!) is on my ever-anticipated Thirtieth Garden Party.

Hmmm, it was rarely a 'Garden' party when we had to move everything indoors due to the unsurprising, less-than-perfect Auckland weather. However, things did clear up enough for us to open the french doors and spill onto the patio towards the end.

Despite the weather predicament, I must admit I had a wonderful time setting up my 'Indoor Garden Party' complete with custom-made teepee for the children, 12 metres of bunting flags, handmade paper pom poms, lanterns, retro props, white garden chairs and picket fence! Not to mention the cupcakes, birthday cake (with bunting of course!), finger sandwiches, kids bubbles and adults sweet packet favours - all of which I lovingly created - and had a ball doing!

A major thanks goes out to my Mum and Mum-in-law for organising and co-ordinating all the hot food, bringing yummy treats to contribute to the spread and, of course, cleaning! Most definitely couldn't have done it without those two. Love you guys!

My gorgeous sister-in-law was able to capture the occasion with these pretty shots. Take a look.





No comments:

Post a Comment