A LIL SOMETHING FOR SUMMER



























Finally! I'm back to the blog. I really don't plan to leave it this long between posts, however, I'm here now and introducing my latest finished project... Summer's 1st birthday invitation. Can you believe she's nearly 1 already? Technically she's 1 in late December - but we've decided to celebrate this special occasion in January when there's a bit more 'space', so-to-speak.

Naturally, we're throwing Summer a 'Summer' party, encompassing all things summery. So a cute, little popsicle invitation fit the bill perfectly.

Complete with handmade, scalloped edge, outer wrapper (machined sewed at one end) and double-sided popsicle - I admit that making these little suckers was no easy task. Halfway through  the 30 odd amount I needed, those dollar store party invites didn't seem like such a bad idea... Needless to say, I soldiered on and I'm really happy with the finished product.

Somehow, I don't think I'll put in quite as much effort for birthday number two. However, I just HAD to for the first one! Now, to distribute them...
 

2 comments:

  1. oh yay! love love love the scalloped edge and sewing. you are so cool. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe, thanks Sarah! You'll get one in the post soon:)

      Delete